Sega CD OGG Romset V1 0 152 Games Shrunk No Duplicates No Hacked ROMS Extras

Zer0cooL

MyBoerse.bz Pro Member
THESE WERE MADE TO WORK WITH GENESIS PLUS GX AND IN EXTENSION RETROARCH/RETROPIE. GENESIS PLUS GX IS ALSO PART OF BIZHAWK AND OPENEMU, IF YOU DO NOT LIKE LIBRETRO EMULATORS. THESE SHOULD ALSO WORK WITH ANY EMULATOR THAT SUPPORT OGG AUDIO FORMAT!

If you want to use Kega Fusion or some other emulator, that works with MP3 rather than OGG, please get this Romset instead;

If you are going to skip reading, do not complain if some games do not work. You can ignore my rambling, but at least you have to read the Emulators section and make sure to set the BIOS files correctly.

Unlike the other Romset, I have not tested every single game with this one. I did though test games that had problems with Kega, before I managed to make them run. Genesis Plus GX (RetroArch) worked great with them.

Wow that was a lot of caps lock and large font.. Anyway..

This Romset is the same as the MP3 one, minus the 32X games. I redownloaded and remade everything, because thanks to an Anonymous helpful guy, I realized that not only RetroArch does not work at all with MP3 files, but that actually RetroArch, with the Genesis Plus GX core, can work with my more preferred OGG files.

This does not contain any Japanese games and it only contains the officially released games, for Sega CD. All of these are USA roms, with the exception of a couple of games, that were only released in Europe. I was pondering whether I should include unofficial and bootleg games in this, but I decided against it. My Romsets are meant to be working games and if anything, I can't know if unofficial releases will be working right. I would add them to the Extra folder, like I usually do, but they would be way too large, for something "extra".

BUT!

I know some people might want to play the unofficial games too, so rather than letting you slowly go through lists of sites, trying to see which ones you have and which ones you do not, I compiled a list of any "unofficial" games that I found, but in the end I did not include. I also added links for the respective sites for them. Keep in mind that I did not test any of these, so I can't know if they work right or have problems.

One thing to point out, is that the top games in the list are released by Gooddealgames. As I am getting it, Gooddealgames bought the rights of the unreleased Sega CD games (it does that with many unreleased older games) finished and fixed them and then released them. I would include these, but reading around I would find some people complain they are still buggy, so I decided to skip these.

JDowloader 2 users like me, can just copy the links and JDownloader 2 will grab the download links for you.
/ (the first one is a dark background with kind of whiteish letters txt and the second one is a normal black and white txt)

Now for some rambling that you can skip. When I uploaded the Sega PICO romset, I mentioned that I did so, cause I wanted closure for Sega's nostalgic consoles, like I had with Nintendo. I forgot though that Sega actually had an addon, that when I was younger in made me feel so jealous of people that had a Mega Drive (Genesis) and along the chance to get a CD addon with "awesome games". I do remember towards the end of Super Nintendo's age, there was this CD addon rumored for SNES and I felt so awesome, thinking I could experience what people that got the Sega CD did.. I am glad it did not happen to be honest, since the money went towards the new generation! XD

Enough thought with Nostalgia. Now, some people might realize it, but for the ones that do not the games are altered and shrunk, so they take less space. The reason they have become so small, is because the normal games come with WAV audio, which means uncompressed sound, that takes a lot of space. Without exaggeration, sometimes ALL the space of the CD can be JUST the audio. For example the game can be 5MB and the audio over 600MB!

The process was me downloading them, extracting them, re-encoding all audio files, creating new .cue files with a cue maker (it will be what you will be using to run the games), so it will not have weird naming and work with the new ogg files and finally packing them back.

Since this time I did it manually, unlike with the automated process of the mp3 one, I chose the better quality OGG, exactly like the TurboGrafx-CD.

The part bellow is copied from TurboGrafx-CD!

I have compressed the audio using OGG format, which is a form of audio that at least the Emulator I used accepts, but it seems a handful of emulators, even ones on consoles, accept OGG.

I was planning to shrink them a lot, but ended up using a less aggressive compression, thinking that it is ok to keep these files a bit large. For people that will wonder if it is worth to get these games that their audio has been compressed, there is only one way I can show you that the loss should be fine for the size difference.

In this set of pictures you can see an extreme case, when the quality of the Wav audio has some loss.

The top one is the original wav, under it is the ogg quality I used, under it is an 160kbps mp3, under that an 128kbps mp3 and on the bottom a 0 quality ogg. I will just point out that most of the people that hear music, listen to it at 128kbps online. At times I look to find 160kbps music, because I want a bit of higher quality encode for my mp3 player. I am not though a picky audiophile, but just a normal person, that likes to listen to music.

With that said, the audio quality I used for these games, is higher than the high quality mp3 music I listen to. Down to the 0 quality ogg compression tests I did, I could NOT hear any audio difference. Of course I own normal speakers, so I do not know if someone that has high quality and sensitive speakers could hear a difference. Only when I went under 0 quality, the audio indeed became slightly muffled. Of course when I say slightly muffled, I mean I could barely understand any difference, as if the audio was a bit more silent. Be it it was truly muffled or it was just my imagination, the quality I am talking about is -1, and I used quality +3!

I only edited the AUDIO. For people that do not know about Sega CD, you need to understand that the video quality was not that good (with today's standards it is SO bad). I did not alter the videos and their audio quality in no way and even if the video quality looks glitchy, that is because of the source. This includes the instance where the audio that plays along with the videos, is bad. The only Audio that was altered by what I did, was the Audio that plays when there is NO VIDEO playing.

To give some extra info about the audio compression, I want to point out the difference of space they take up when their audio is the uncompressed WAV and the compressed OGG. For this comparisson I will be ignoring the 19 FMV games, that are in separate archives from the rest of the games.

The games with WAV audio take up 56GB, if not more and with OGG audio 25GB. That is almost 60% smaller size. When they are compressed with 7zip, with the WAV audio they take up about 33GB and with OGG audio 10.7GB. I use them in compressed form, since Launchbox has the ability to extract them on the spot when I want to play something and then run the game with the predefined emulator.

Now the reason I did not include the FMV ones, is because like I mentioned these do not get much smaller. Their normal WAV version is 14GB and the OGG one is 12GB. Alike, when compressed with 7zip their normal WAV version is 9.1GB and the OGG is 7.3GB. There is some reduction, but it is not like the other games that the reduction is much larger. Of course, there are some games with FMV in the main romset too, but I think you are getting my point.

The reason I spent all this time writing these, is because I do not want people that get it and are a bit picky like me, worry too much that they have a low quality copy of the games. If you dislike the audio quality loss, you can visit Emuparadise, Theisozone, Freeroms and DopeRoms and get these uncompressed.

In Theisozone, there is actually a complete romset of all the games unaltered and 7zipped. I do not know what it includes and I do not know if they work or not, but I have just seen it. Just thought I would share for people that want the original files all in one.

So, it is the 33GB reduction in size, that brings the quality loss.

Welp, I did my best to explain in detail, about what I did and how it will affect the games. It is up to you to decide if you want them or not. Time to move on to some details about the Romsets.

Main ROMSet
Oh boy, this one is a bit complicated. First of all let me say this. ALL the 7z files in the main folder, are the main Romset. So if you want all the 152 games, you need to get them all and then extract them all in the same directory.

If there were multiple versions of the same game, I would always choose the newer version over the older.

The MP3 Romset has some 32X games, but on this Romset they are the normal version. The reason for that is that Genesis Plus GX does NOT support 32X games. Honestly, it is just 5 FMV games, so you should not worry much about it.

I have split the Roms in 3 different categories. The categories are the "Normal" one, the Live Action one and the Others one. If you want to see in detail what each of the Romset parts include, this time I included a txt file, that lists the games for each part of the main romset. You can also look at the list here; / (the first one is a dark background with kind of whiteish letters txt and the second one is a normal black and white txt)

The Live Action category includes 19 games, which take up 7.32GB of the torrent. These are FMV (Full Motion Video) games, that are interactive and each game is quite large because of this. Of course, the quality of videos is low, but Nostalgia and an open mind, can actually enjoy such games for what they are. This category includes the SegaCD_Romset_LA_Part1/2/3.7z and the SegaCD_Romset_LAShooters.7z, with the last one being only shooter games (the ones you move the crosshair around).

The Others category, includes 10 "games", which take up 1.47GB of the torrent. These are separate because if anything they do not look to me like games. One is just an encyclopedia, another is just music, another just video. I just felt that these 10 should be in a separate folder, which of course you are always welcome to download :D

Finally the "Normal" category includes everything else. The only thing I can think to say, is that the SegaCD_Romset_Part4.7z (4th part) includes less games than the other 3, since the games on part 4 are the largest found in the romset, not including the FMV ones.

Mary Shelley's Frankenstein sadly have glitchy videos. Not totally unbearable, but it can be a bit annoying. I downloaded from multiple sources, tried older emulators too, but sadly nothing fixed that.

Extra
In the extra as you can see there are only BIOS files. The BIOS pack for SegaCD - GenesisPlusGX includes all the BIOS needed to play games that are Sega CD, from any region.

I have included two separate US BIOS too. The one in the pack, is from a 1st Generation Sega CD, where the other two are from a 2nd Generation Sega CD. The difference between 2.11 and 2.21, is that the CDX 2.21 one, skips the starting sequence, where the player has to push start. Keep in mind I tested all the games with the 1st Generation BIOS, so I can't say if the other two would work as good. I just added them in case someone has trouble and needs them, or prefers them anyway.

Games List
I have compiled a list of the Main Romset games in different formats, from normal text, to rtf and two different type of excel formats. The txt and rtf obviously can be read by the default Windows document readers, Notepad and Wordpad. The txt is simple where the rtf looks like a nice list in boxes, looking like an excel.

The Excel ones, ods and xml, are for either OpenOffice or Microsoft Office and they have filters to filter out versions and regions. If you download more than one of my romsets, you can always combine the Excel pages, by copying them all in a single Excel file. Just suggesting that for people that do not want to have a lot of different excel files.

I am only suggesting the Emulator. I do not include it in the pack!

Emulator
For Emulator, I used the currently latest RetroArch, with it's Genesis Plus GX core. Sadly, even if I want to eventually use RetroArch for a lot of older consoles, I do not know much about it. I will though share what I did to make games run.

1) Download, extract RetroArch in a folder and run it.
2) Go to Online Updater / Core Updater and download Sega MS/GG/MG/CD (Genesis Plus GX)
3) Go to Load Core and choose what I just downloaded.
4) Go to Settings Tab / Configuration and turn on Configuration Per-Core.
5) Stay on the Settings Tab and go to Directory / System/BIOS Dir and choose the folder that I have the BIOS files I have in the Extra.
6) Go back to the Main Menu Tab and Load Content and then look for the cue file of the games I wanted to load.

Obviously you can add your games differently or like I will eventually do, run them through a different Frontend. Either way, the games worked fine.

Have a nice day and have a enjoyable gaming time.

Hoster: Share-Online
Size: 17.32 GB
Password: -

Download:

Zurück
Oben Unten